The sun is shining, and so is this blog! Thank you to Ally L Mare for nominating my little corner of the internet for the Sunshine Blogger Award! I am truly honored, my heart beaming with, well, sunshine!
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or on your blog
So, in answer to Ally L. Mare’s 11 questions:
- Will you be volunteering for any Mars expedition program? Only if there are kids in space who need dental care!
- Are you an adventurous person? Oh my, I am certainly cautiously adventurous. And I love to make an adventure out of even a little trip to the corner store.
- Are you interested in travelling around the world? YES! Thailand, The Netherlands, Switzerland, France, . . . YES!
- On the scale 1 – 10, how high is your curiosity level? These questions seem to be ready-made for me: 10! My evidence? The first line of my dental school personal statement: “Curiosity got the best of me at a young age – in fact, it claimed my front tooth!”
- How do you deal with disappointment? I take a deep breath in, close my eyes, and accept that everything happens for a reason. Then, I imagine what new possibilities this disappointment has unleashed!
- Do you think you are the patient type? Most certainly! Patience is essential in dentistry.
- Are you the one who usually wait for others or others wait for you? I am on-time, on Harvard School of Dental Medicine time. In other words, I am earlier than early.
- Do you have your own favorite stars (in the sky)? I call them Frank and Frannie. No, really 😉
- Have you ever feel that you are doing something but you think that it is a waste of time? I have these thoughts now and then. When I am writing and ‘should be’ studying. When I am studying and want to be volunteering. I wonder, ‘Could my time be better used elsewhere?’ And then I realize, these thoughts aren’t helping me. In fact, imagine the freedom I would feel if I just let these thoughts go! What if THIS were not a waste of time but a valuable use of time? Because that’s all we really can do – use time. In one way or another, the time will be put to use, and that is not good or bad. Though time can be measured, its value just is.
- What do you think will happen in the year 2100? In the year 2100, archaeologists will go on digs through Twitter!
- Do you have something that you know is old and worn but you do not want to replace? I love this question, because the answer is so simple: my Curious George. Savannah, a fellow pediatric patient with CRPS/RSD, gave me this stuffed doll as a gift when I was ill. She said, ‘Take him with you to hospitals and he will bring pain-free smiles.’ So, Curious George and I went to every hospitalization hand-in-hand, both of us dawning our hospital gowns. When I went into remission, he still came with me everywhere, keeping me safe. And now in grad school, Curious George is here, reminding me of my purpose: to always spread pain-free smiles. (Of course, now that he’s due for his photo op, I have no idea where he is! #dormroomdilemmas)
Now, drum roll please for my nominations:
- A cornered girl
- Yvonne Novella
- Playing by my own rules
- Dave Kingsbury
- Discovering and Sharing Grace
- Cristen Rodgers
- Tony Burgess
- Wanderlust Sara
- Learning to Live Like Water
- Endless Edits
- PJ Temple
- AND YOU – nominate yourself in the comments and join along in the chain-nominations, because YOU ARE A SOURCE OF SUCH BEAUTIFUL SUNSHINE, TOO ♥
11 Questions for my Nominees:
- What is your first memory?
- What did you first want to blog about when you started your blog?
- What do you actually blog about these days?
- What do you hope to blog about in the future?
- Why do you keep on blogging?
- What is a blog post title you have been holding onto but have yet to release into the world? Let’s let ‘him’ free!
- Are you annoyed yet with the word ‘blog’? 😉
- If you could write a word to replace the word ‘blog,’ what word would you create?
- What is your favorite place to spend a Saturday morning?
- Improv or stand-up?
- And, as follow-up to #8, why?
Yeah, so these are somewhat odd questions, but it’s all in the spirit of having fun!
Congrats to my nominees and thank you again to Ally L Mare. Now, go forth and spread some sunshine through your blogs!
© 2017 Mirissa D. Price: A Dental Student, A Writer, A Journey to Share.