As a pediatric dental resident at a leading children’s hospital, life has been busy! And blog posts have been far and few between. However, I still have been actively pushing away at my computer keys, answering the many, frequently asked questions dental patients have about their oral health and dental care. I’ve even been answering some of the questions providers may have in treating their day-to-day patients in the dental chair through my Colgate Oral Care Center and Colgate Professional blogs. And it’s time I bring this information back home to my readers on my own homepage.
Use the links below to find the answers to your dental questions, and feel free to share the links with your friends, families, or patients in your care.
- How bad is your breath really? This article answers questions like ‘What causes bad breath,’ ‘How a dentist measures bad breath,’ and ‘How to reduce your bad breath.’
- Your Guide to Denture Alternatives – Everything from implants to overdentures and the process to decide on your best treatment option.
- Sedation vs Anesthesia at the Dental Office: What’s the Difference? – An overview of the important risks and benefits when choosing levels of sedation at the dental office.
- Sleep Dentistry: A Way to Ease Dental Phobia – Tools to help you manage dental anxiety behaviorally and pharmacologically.
And some exciting topics are coming soon, including:
- Antibiotics for a Toothache – When to Expect a Prescription from Your Dentist
- Types of Removable Partial Dentures to Restore Your Smile
- Maryland Bridges as a Tooth Replacement Option
- Why a Homemade Filling Won’t Fix Your Cavity
- Early Childhood Caries: Prevention at Home and in the Dental Office
- Is Diet for Caries Prevention in your Home Care Instructions?
- 5 Tips on How to Shadow a Dentist
- The Risks of Clear Aligners
- Caring for LGBTQ Patients
Do you have a question that isn’t answered by one of the topics on this list? Reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org or through the comment section on my blog, and I’ll get a complete, evidence-based answer direct to you!